September 2023 Release Notes
Hate dealing with DOCX files that have to be opened in multiple tools for you to make edits? Well, in this month’s release notes we’ll dive into some exciting changes to the way you can edit those files. Plus, new collaboration abilities with real time updates and KBA certification. Keep reading to learn more.
Enhanced DOCX Editing
Within the document library section of Docubee, you can now edit your DOCX files right inside the Docubee platform, with no additional tools needed. Previously, edits could only be made using stamps, but this new update lets you change text and make real-time changes for a true editing experience.
As shown below, simply click into the document actions selection and click the edit button to make your updates. Additionally, anyone in your workspace that has admin permissions can also collaborate on DOCX files in realtime in your library. This keeps management in one platform and means you get the most recent document available anytime you access it.
Expiration Dates for Quick Signs
This latest release features a new capability for quick signs. Users can now set an expiration date for their quick sign processes via the quick sign modal. When an expiration is set, the workflow is canceled if the signer has not taken action on the document within the time limit.
New Public API
We’ve exposed a new public API that allows users to generate a short URL for any Docubee URL that you have. This new endpoint can take any Docubee URL that starts with app.ontask such as a workflow or signing link and creates a short URL.
If you’re in the tax preparation industry, you know just how crucial Knowledge Based Authentication (KBA) is for certifying electronic signature collection. We are proud to share that we now offer KBA within our eSignature API. Please contact our sales team or your customer success manager for more information.
Customer Resolved Issues:
- ZIP Archives created in a workflow will now attach signing certificates to included documents when appropriate
- Bounced emails will no longer cause the recipient to be blocked from accessing the task if they receive the link via other means
- Allow `.csv` files used in bulk launch to be run with only a single row (instance)
- Fixed a bug where renamed documents persisted their original name until refresh
- Fixed issue where a value of 0 prefilled from a number field into a text field would fail UI validation